Electrical Arc Welder
To enable the trainees be a professional welder with proficient knowledge and skill.
- Occupational health and safety - work's relationships
- Occupational health and safety – first aid
- Computer applications
- Hand skills – marking out
- Hand skills – cutting and filing of metal
- Hand skills – using scissors and hacksawing
- Metal riveting
- Drilling and threading
- General English
- Technical English
- Materials properties
- Gas cutting equipment - gas cutting processes
- Gas cutting equipment - pipes chamfering and cutting
- Engineering and technical drawing
- welding machines – basic types
- welding machines – accessories
- Arc welding processes – meaning of M.M.A.W.
- Arc welding processes – practical works
- welding electrodes
- Different joints welding – welding symbols and codes
- different joints welding – positions
- Common welding defects – welding defects
- Common welding defects – inspection and test
- Communicate inEnglish language.
- Calculate technical mathematics.
- Work on general Computer application.
- Explain and apply health and safety procedures while working to maintain a safe working atmosphere.
- Design and interpret engineering drawings.
- Demonstrate hand skills in marking out, cutting and filling of metal, using scissors and hacksawing.
- Perform metal riveting.
- Describe and demonstrate drilling and threading.
- Explain material properties.
- Handle gas cutting equipment and different cutting procedures.
- Explain different types of welding machines and its accessories.
- Explain arc welding process and demonstrate practical works.
- Describe different welding electrodes and its application.
- Interpret welding symbols and codes.
- Perform different joints in welding.
- Explain common welding defects.
- Describe inspection and testing procedures.